Special Educational Needs
At Jane Austen College we aim to:
- Ensure that all members of the college community support students with special educational needs and disabilities and that SEND students are integrated fully into the life of the college.
- Ensure that all students have access to high-quality teaching.
- Ensure that all students identified as having SEND have, as far as possible, equal access to all aspects of the curriculum, with modifications made to the curriculum if appropriate.
- Provide differentiation in all lessons to improve the educational opportunities of all students, regardless of ability.
- Meet the special educational needs of children with physical disabilities as far as is practicable in terms of the layout and resources of the college.
- Increase the confidence of students with SEND, encouraging them to be involved in their own provision.
- Communicate with parents about all aspects of the special needs provision made for their children and seek to develop this partnership.
You can contact our SENCO Catherine Berwick by email at: